While Council’s Local Plan’s restrict development outside the settlement boundaries there are sometimes a possibility to obtaining planning permission as an exception to policy. We have obtaining consent for developments but it is a difficult process.
- The design‘ is truly outstanding or innovative, reflecting the highest standards in architecture, and would help to raise standards of design more generally in rural areas.’
- The design ‘would significantly enhance its immediate setting, and be sensitive to the defining characteristics of the local area’
- An assessment of the economic benefits of best and most versatile (BMV) agricultural land
- Assessing all aspects of the site relating to the landscape. A Landscape Impact Assessment is critical.
- The biodiversity aspects of the scheme and how will it benefit the site and area.
- How a case could be made for compliance with Para 79 for the design
- Community engagement and support