To offer any compliance to Para 80 (previously Para 79) there are two tests to perform
- The design‘ is truly outstanding or innovative, reflecting the highest standards in architecture, and would help to raise standards of design more generally in rural areas.’
- The design ‘would significantly enhance its immediate setting, and be sensitive to the defining characteristics of the local area’
The critical points in evaluating the site and progressing any project to obtaining planning outside the development boundary
- An assessment of the economic benefits of best and most versatile (BMV) agricultural land
- Assessing all aspects of the site relating to the landscape. A Landscape Impact Assessment is critical.
- The biodiversity aspects of the scheme and how will it benefit the site and area.
- How a case could be made for compliance with Para 79 for the design
- Community engagement and support